Everyone should know how to articulate an opinion for general public broadcast.
Want a workshop or class? Reach out!
Everyone should be able to cross the thresholds of inhibition or propriety and send a well crafted message based on personal opinion. Artists and designers should be some of the first in line to do so, given our training and motivations.
There is a disconnect of creative practitioners from general societal discourse. I have my theories about this gap, but first I must take action. I have chosen to find ways to help my peers bridge this divide through my teaching practice. The obstacle is the way!
Materials for Sign Making the Go High Way:
All links go to Dick Blick but you can find cheaper
- Sponge Brushes
- Poster Board
- Paper tubes for handles–these are great if you can stiffen the poster board with some backing cardboard
- Stapler for attaching signs to tubes
Alternative Materials that completely rock:
- Potatoes or other found objects for printing or painting
- Poster paint
- Food dye
- Colored paper
- Insulation Foam for carving out letters
- Craft knife for cutting
- Glue Stick
- Spray paint (not great for the environment, but in a pinch it’s great)